Thursday, November 13, 2014

Nigeria: I'm Happy to Be Back - Ikechukwu Uche

Ikechukwu Uche
Abuja — Returnee Super Eagles striker, Ikechukwu Uche, has expressed delight at being recalled to the team almost two years on the sidelines, promising to work with the rest of the team to rescue what is left of the country's fledgling 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.


Speaking in Abuja hours after rejoining the team, Uche admitted that he missed the team, and thanked Nigerian football fans for keeping faith in him.
"I'm happy I'm here again, so that I can contribute to the team success. It feels good to be back. There is nothing much to say. I just hope we all work together to ensure that we win the remaining games."
Uche, who sauntered into the Bolton White HOTEL arena, flanked by Coach Stephen Keshi, volunteered that all is now settled between him the coach, adding that his main focus now was how to help the team out of its present predicament.
"Everything is okay now. We have to be together and work together for the team because the interest of our nation is what is very important. "I'm happy to be back to do my work. I'm a professional, this is what I do. We have to work hard to win the remaining games. This is a team game; we have to work as a team. I will do my best, likewise my colleagues; we just have to work as a team."
He dismissed being under any pressure because the team is walking on a tight rope, even as he promised to give something to cheer to football fans who stood by him during his trying time.
Source: daily Independent

No comments:

Post a Comment

SENATORS ARGUE FIERCELY ABOUT SEATING ARRANGEMENT IN THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY

It is truly disheartening to observe the National Assembly engaging in heated arguments and misplaced priorities, particularly when the nati...